Thursday, January 12, 2012

An Engagement!

I am happy to announce that my step-daughter is engaged!! We are so happy for her and our soon-to-be-son-in-law!!  They are both beaming with excitement and we couldn't be happier for them.  The engagement ring is stunning and features a gorgeous diamond flanked by sapphires. Sapphires have long symbolized truth, sincerity and faithfulness, making it the perfect engagement ring!  With blue sapphires the intensity of the blue is the most important factor.  The intensely rich hue in her ring reminds me of my latest obsession..........navy blue.  I've recently suggested the color for a few projects and have used it in both bedrooms and dining rooms.  Here are a few rooms that showcase the use of navy blue as a wall color.


Source unknown









Here are some of my favorite navy blue paint colors:

 Benjamin Moore Kensington Blue # 840


 Sherwin Williams Commodore #SW5624


Benjamin Moore Van Deusen Blue #HC-156


Best wishes for a Happy Engagement!!!

1 comment:

  1. Congrat's to your step-daughter! That's wonderful news! I have sapphires on my wedding rings as well..I LOVE navy the navy rooms, particularly with the white curtains. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete