Thursday, September 1, 2011

A Room for Two

I had the pleasure of taking my daughter to college last weekend.  This year she is living with friends in a beautiful old house, sharing a room with a roommate.  With the exception of college and boarding school, so few kids these days share a room.  This was standard when I was young....or maybe that was because I was one of five kids and having your own room was a luxury you only enjoyed when your siblings went off to college!  I loved sharing a room with my older sister growing up, although I am now sure she'd agree. ; )  So this post is all about rooms for two!


 


Outfitted with twin beds, lamps, side tables, and folding benches, this guest bedroom uses traditional blues and whites to create a soothing coastal space. Chocolate brown cane-and-rattan headboards add a graphic, tropical touch.

Sweet Guest Bedroom
Coastal Living

A batik-style print such as the one found in this room has an exotic flair, the perfect complement for an island retreat. Repeat a single fabric on several surfaces in each room for streamlined color.
Coastal Living

guest room
Coastal Living

Vaulted Ceiling Bedroom
Coastal Living

Child's room with blue-and-white stripe theme.

Southern Accents


Twin Set Guest Bedroom
Cottage Living


No comments:

Post a Comment