Monday, November 14, 2011

Julia's Room

When my daughter started high school she wanted to update her room.  I had her select a wall color first.  A very easy going client; she knew exactly what she wanted.  It was previously a calming shade of pink, but she wanted an edgier feel, a bold color to match her vibrant personality!   Within minutes she chose Benjamin Moore Fashion Rose, a highly saturated pinky-purple tone.  With that on the walls everything else had to be white or mom would lose her mind, and she knows better than most that mom's mind is fragile!   

Here was her inspiration board

Before the makeover


Wall color- BM Fashion Rose 1356


Here is the room now:
 







As you can tell we didn't spend a lot of money.  Turns out my wallet is as fragile as my mind these days!  Here is what she got:

Bed- Ikea @ $89.00
White Duvet and shams- Ikea @ $39.99
Pillows- HomeGoods @ $24.00
Desk- Pottery Barn @ $299.00
Dresser- Old Oak Dresser, we painted white
Lamp- Target @ $14.99
Misc. Accessories - Target & HomeGoods


2 comments:

  1. That Rose Rocks! My Office is about that color and I LUV it! Yay for bold colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is not your average pink, is it? Such a sophisticated bold pink - LUV it! Gwen told me to come over and I'm glad I did - anyone who loves color like you gals is someone to follow :)

    ReplyDelete